Welcome back to campus and Happy 2015! Here are some important announcements and updates from the Financial Aid Office and Student Accounts:
1. The 2015-2016 FAFSA is now live! MSOE’s priority deadline is March 15th, so you have time to file your taxes before doing the FAFSA if you plan to file early. Award packages for returning students will be completed based on the date you submit your FAFSA. We will begin sending out award packages for returning students via email and the Hub starting in April. Visit www.fafsa.gov to complete your FAFSA.
2. If you make less than $53,000 a year, you may qualify for free tax preparation! The same applies for your parent(s) as well. Please visit this website for more information and to find a location near you.
3. Class registration for spring will be here before you know it. As a reminder, you cannot register for classes for the next term if you currently owe a balance. If you owe a balance, please take steps to pay this NOW instead of waiting until the day you are supposed to register. Contact Financial Aid for information on loans and scholarships, and contact Student Accounts for information on payment plans and how much you owe. Please keep in mind you always have access to view your account via www.my.msoe.edu and if you are looking for information on how to set up online payments, please click here.
4. There are currently three scholarships available that are exclusively for current MSOE students. Check out these and other scholarships we are promoting by visiting our Money Monday Blog or our Available Scholarships Folder on the Hub.
5. If you are looking to learn more about scholarships including where to find scholarships, what makes a strong application, and essay writing tips please attend our Scholarship Presentation on Wednesday, January 21st at 5:00 p.m. in the Multipurpose Room. More information will be posted soon!
6. If you are looking for student jobs, please check out our student jobs website for more information and to apply. More jobs will be posted soon including some off-campus locations that are still work-study based.