The premier event setting on the MSOE Campus, The Grohmann Museum can accommodate groups up to 60 for sit-down dinners, 100 for lectures / presentations, and 150 for ‘roaming’ events with cocktails and passed appetizers. A deposit of $250 is required for the use of the GM building, and will be used to cover the costs associated with the event (see full schedule below).
- Galleries Open
Does Not Include (Even when event fees are waived by MSOE President)
|After Hours Staffing||$50/hour|
|Galleries Open After Hours||$100/hour|
|Docent Led Tour (w/event)||$50/event|
|Docent Led Tour and Luncheon||$25/event (plus standard admission per person)|
|Parking||Subject to approval and availability|
Any additional services (larger groups, parking lot closure, gallery dinners) are not encouraged, but any such requests are subject to executive approval and additional fees
June - August
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday 1 p.m. - 4 p.m
September - May
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
*All events must conclude by 10 p.m. (year-round.)
Part A: Permission for Grohmann Museum (GM) Use
- A formal request must be submitted. It will include information about the nature of the group and event, the name and contact information of responsible party, the dates, times, and space requested for the function.
- Groups and organizations of the Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) may have use of the GM building at no charge, subject to available space, as determined by the master calendar schedule.
- Regents, Corporate Members and Alumni of MSOE may request the use of the GM for specific business related use, subject to guidelines below.
- Non-profit service organizations in the community may apply to MSOE for the use of our facilities, subject to availability. Usage may not conflict with the purpose or policies of the university. MSOE may decline any request accordingly.
- Other organizations or groups (besides non-profit service organizations) may apply for the use of our facilities, subject to availability. Normally, such requests will only be granted when the group includes a member who is an employee or alumnus of MSOE, and the usage will not conflict with the purpose or policies of the university. MSOE may decline any request accordingly.
- Parking is not included with the use of any building or facility; however, in special or unique situations, arrangements may be made through MSOE’s Public Safety Department, with a minimum of 30 days advance notice.
- Any ongoing or regularly scheduled use of the facility by MSOE or outside groups will require approval of the President. Occasionally, any approved ongoing or regularly scheduled use may be required to find alternate facilities.
Part B: Guidelines for Building Use
- The GM will not be used for any wedding or other such unrelated non-university celebratory events or parties and other events deemed inappropriate by university personnel. Exceptions will be reviewed and determined by the President of MSOE on a case by case basis.
- Requests for setups of tables and chairs, the use of audio-visual equipment, or musical equipment must be stated completely on the Request Form and reviewed by the Facilities Department. Setups must comply with existing and available furnishings. No furniture will be removed from or brought in to the facility.
- No amplifiers, band equipment, heavy equipment or displays that could cause damage to the facility may be brought in or used in the facility.
- Setup and replacement of furniture and equipment will performed only by university staff. Users of the facility are not to move any furniture or equipment.
- To assure the facility is made ready for its next scheduled use, MSOE custodial staff will tear down and clean up after each event daily.
- When minors will be present in the facility, the group must provide MSOE with a written plan on how they will be supervised. Depending on the circumstances, the group may be asked to supply additional information, such as permission letters from parents/guardians, medical and insurance information, etc.
- Cooking or other food preparation is not allowed. Users must use catering from MSOE’s food service vendor, Food Services, Inc. for all food and beverages needs, including bar service and linen service.
- Depending on the usage and identity of the user, MSOE may require proof of liability insurance.
- Each group or organization must designate a representative who will consult with university staff in advance of the event and be responsible for entry and departure instructions, parking requirements and accounting for damages to the facility.
- Normal occupancy for user events is 100 – 120. Any exception must be approved by the school President. In no case will the occupancy exceed the City of Milwaukee approved occupancy of 480.
- Approved use of the roof garden is subject to weather permitting. GM staff shall be solely responsible for cancelling the use of the roof garden for any weather or other safety related issue. The contingent location of any such cancellation shall be the Auditorium.
- Groups are responsible for damage done to any university equipment or furnishings. User will be charged for any such cost of repair or replacement by MSOE including forfeit of the damage deposit.
- The President or CFO may waive or modify the above list of fees after due consideration of extenuating circumstances or request by GM staff.