Current sophomores and juniors interested in pursuing a career in a research field are encouraged to apply to this prestigious scholarship worth $7,500. The criteria to apply are:
- Be a current sophomore or junior
- Have a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Plan to pursue a career in research and make a significant contribution to your field
Strong applicants may have already participated in research, have intellectual curiosity, have an internship in a research facility or worked as a lab assistant, and be involved in student organizations. Prior research experience is not necessary to be considered, however.
Due to the unique nature of this scholarship, the following deadlines apply:
- Monday, January 23rd- Student application portion complete online
- Tuesday, January 24th- Supporting documents turned in to Amanda Wysk in Financial Aid
- Tuesday, January 24th- the 3 recommenders you have selected have completed their recommendations
- Thursday, January 26th- MSOE finalizes nomination of qualified students and submits all supporting documents
Students who wish to apply should contact Amanda Wysk in Financial Aid (email@example.com) with notification of intent to apply, questions, and for help writing/editing personal statements and essays.
For more information, including the link to the student application online, please go to the Goldwater website here.
Best of luck to all who apply!