The Wisconsin Women in Government (WWIG) Undergraduate Scholarship program is designed to provide financial support for women who wish to pursue careers in public service, public administration, or governmental affairs.
- Be a female resident of Wisconsin;
- Have a financial need as determined by the receiving school based on applicant’s eligibility for either the Federal Pell Grant Program, Wisconsin Higher Education Grant (WHEG), Wisconsin Tuition Grant (WTG), or Talent Incentive Program (TIP);
- Be enrolled, at the time of the application, as a full-time or part-time undergraduate student at any of the eligible institutions; OR plan to be enrolled as a full-time or part-time undergraduate student at an eligible institution for the fall semester.
- Have a C grade point average or better and maintain at least a C average throughout the academic year during which receiving the scholarship;
- Demonstrate leadership potential, initiative, and excellent communication skills; and
- Have an interest in public service, government, and/or the political process.
To apply, students must complete the attached application and acquire all supplemental pieces (transcript, letters of rec, essays) and return it to Amanda Wysk in the Financial Aid office by May 27th. The scholarships are due to WAICU by June 1st but must be submitted all together from the Financial Aid Office.
Best of luck to all who apply!