January 15th is still a while away, but this is a very in depth scholarship with HUGE rewards! You will want to spend your time on this if you are eligible, and you will need time to secure letters of recommendation and nomination. If you are applying to this scholarship and have questions, or would like any help/proofreading with your essays please contact me! I have worked with students on this application in the past
Students are eligible to be considered for a GMS scholarship if they meet all of the following criteria:
- Are African American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American** or Hispanic American
- Are a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the United States
- Have attained a cumulative high school GPA of 3.3 on an unweighted 4.0 scale or have earned a GED
- Will enroll for the first time at a U.S. located, accredited*** college or university (with the exception of students concurrently pursuing a high school diploma) in the fall of 2015 as a full-time, degree-seeking, first-year student. First-time college enrollees can also be GED recipients.
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular or other activities
- Meet the Federal Pell Grant eligibility criteria
- Have completed and submitted all three required forms: the student's application (Nominee Personal Information Form), an evaluation of the student's academic record (Nominator Form) and an evaluation of the student's community service and leadership activities (Recommender Form) by the deadline
For more information and to apply, please click here.
Best of luck to all who apply!