Job Title: Beverage Runner
Location: Milwaukee World Festival/Summerfest
Reports to: Director of Food and Beverage Operations
Age Requirement: 21 Years
Pay Rate: $8.00 per hour guaranteed (actual pay is a base rate of $2.33 per hour plus tips and may equal more than the guaranteed minimum hourly rate; typically $11-13 per hour for Summerfest.
Position Summary: Beverage Runners move product from bar coolers to bar locations.
- Moves product from coolers to bar locations
- Maintains bar stock by ordering or requisitioning liquors, beverages, condiments and supplies
- Support bartending staff as needed
· Serves alcoholic beverages responsibly, requests identification, and adheres to all company alcohol service policies and procedures
- Cleans and stores bar equipment and bar stock
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Responsible cash handling required
Education & Experience
- One to two years previous hospitality experience in a high volume environment preferred
- Licensed bartenders will be given preference
- High school diploma or equivalency, preferred
- Excellent guest services skills
- Possess basic knowledge of standard drink recipes and alcohol brand names
- Verbal communication skills; listening skills
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain standing for entire length of shift
- Constant walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions
· Ability to lift stock up to 50 pounds. This position involves heavy lifting.
- Ability to move stock up to 200 pounds with use of hand cart.
Environmental Working Conditions
- Bar environment- noise level may be moderate to high during busy times
- May be exposed to variable temperatures, including extreme hot and cold, depending on season
- May be required to work in confined and/or narrow spaces
Apply online at: jobs.summerfest.com
Milwaukee World Festivals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer