Hawkinson Scholarships are awarded annually to undergraduate or graduate students who are residents of or currently attending school in Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, North Dakota or Wisconsin.
- Applicant must be a resident of (or currently attending school in) Iowa, Minnesota,
North Dakota, South Dakota or Wisconsin.
- Scholarship finalists must be available for a personal interview in Minneapolis.
- Scholarship awards will be announced by July 1.
- Scholarships are awarded without regard to religious affiliation.
- All decisions by the Hawkinson Foundation Selection Committee are final.
In addition to the above qualifications, applicants must have demonstrated a commitment to peace and justice through at least one of the following:
- Completed a specific peace and justice project;
- Were courageous in pursuing their convictions about peace and justice;
- Displayed ongoing commitment to, and leadership in, a peace or justice organization;
- Served as a role model for others in moving a religious community or society into new realms of thought and practice regarding peace and justice.
For more information and to apply, please click here.