We hope you have been enjoying your summer! Before you know it, you’ll be on campus for the Fall Quarter, so please take a minute to read these important updates from Student Financial Services so you are all set to go financially for the 2016-2017 year:
- 1. Fall bills will be published on August 12th. As a reminder, all bills will be available online only through your my.msoe.edu account and you will be sent an email to your MSOE email address when yours is ready to be viewed. The due date for fall is September 19th, so please make plans to pay by then to avoid late fees and eventual registration holds. Contact Student Accounts (email@example.com) for information on the HELP Payment Plan or other questions on your bill.
- 2. If you are missing any Financial Aid documents, including verification documents, tax return transcripts, Direct Loan Entrance Counseling, and/or Master Promissory Note, certain funds or all funds will not show up as eligible aid on your billing statement. Please be sure to turn in/complete whatever you are missing so we can get you your accurate award offer. You can view your financial aid, missing documents, and more any time online at https://myfinancialaid.msoe.edu. Note: If you are having trouble logging on, make sure you have followed these steps to be sure you have a MSOE Community Account created that is synched to your MSOE email address.
- 3. Each year you must complete the Financial Responsibility Form. This is found online on your my.msoe.edu page in the “Student” Tab, then Student Account Info. If you do not complete this, a registration hold will be placed on your account and you will not be able to register for Winter Quarter.
- 4. As a reminder, if you want to allow anyone to speak to us about your account information, including your financial aid and billing information, you must sign the Release of Student Financial Information Form. If you do not, we cannot talk to anybody, including your parents, about your account. You can complete it from your my.msoe.edu by clicking on the “Student” tab, then Student Account Info. This is entirely your decision to make as the student who you want to give access to, and this reminder is not us telling you that you have to authorize anyone but rather just letting you know your options.
- 5. Does paying your bill with free money you won sound like a good idea? We think so too! Be sure to follow our Money Monday Blog to stay informed about scholarships, including ones just for MSOE students with paid summer internships, as they become available.
Thank you for taking the time to read these important updates, and we look forward to seeing you on campus soon!
Student Financial Services
Financial Aid Student Accounts
(414) 277-7223 (414) 277-7130