There will NOT be a SUB meeting this week!!
- Next week we will be talking a lot about elections! Nominations for positions begin NOW!
Some things you might need to know:
- The positions available are: President, Vice President, Secretary, Publicity Director, Campus Representative, and Treasurer.
- A person can be nominated for more than one position (but can only be elected for one!)
- The person nominated must accept the nomination to be put on the ballot.
- Please send your nominations to Kash at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All other rules and regulations concerning nominations will be brought up at next week’s meeting! (but if you have any questions before that feel free to email me!)
I hope to see everyone tomorrow at the Comedy Show!!
Below are the descriptions for each position according to our constitution:
- Preside over weekly SUB meetings and Executive Board meetings
- Create any committees and oversee the appointment to these committees
- Be an officio of all committees within the organization
- Remain in regular contact with the SUB Advisor
- Oversee all organizational business and paperwork required for the organization
- Preside over SUB meetings when the President is unable to attend
- Prepare and distribute weekly meeting agendas
- Oversee the assessment and upkeep of the SUB office
- Record minutes at SUB meetings and distribute to the SUB email list
- Oversee the SUB email list
- Oversee the SUB member contact information list
- Oversee SUB member attendance records for meetings and events
- Notify members via email list of any issue requiring a vote prior to the meeting when the voting shall occur
- Develop and organize a publicity plan for every SUB event
- Oversee the completion of each publicity plan
- Oversee the distribution of SUB publicity emails to the Events email list
- Maintain an archive for all publicity created for SUB
- Oversee the upkeep of the SUB webpage
- Inform SUB members of campus activities at weekly meetings
- Act as a liaison between SUB and SGA and give SUB members an update of SGA proceedings
- Oversee SUB participation at campus open houses and other member recruitment events (President Picnic, Campus and Community Fair, etc.)
- Develop and promote communication with other MSOE organizations
- Maintain a record of the SUB funds and expenditures
- Formulate the annual SUB budget
- Oversee any voting required for SUB expenditures
- Be prepared to give funds/expenditures updates at weekly meetings