3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2014 1:14 PM by Kelly Flemming

Need a new place to study?

Try the Milwaukee Public Library!  Located on 815 W. Wisconsin Avenue, it was built of Limestone in 1898 in Renaissance style and is a historic landmark. Hours vary during the fall and winter: M 12 to 8pm, T 9 to 8pm, W 9 to 6pm, Th 9 to 6pm, F 9 to 6pm, St 9 to 5pm and Sn 1 to 5pm.

• Re: Need a new place to study?
          Walter Schroeder Library

The Milwaukee Public Library is a beautiful building with many resources to offer. However if you're looking for a little more personalized experience, try the Walter Schroeder Library.

We're located next to the Science Building at 500 E. Kilbourn Avenue (one of the sides of Cathedral Square.)

We're open M-R 7:30am - 12am, F, 7:30am-6pm, Sa 10am-6pm, and Su 1pm-12am.

We have places for quiet (the 1st floor) and spaces for collaboration (the 2nd floor).

Our collections/information resources are primarily geared to supplement MSOE's academic curriculum.

We offer free B&W printing - just bring your MSOE ID.

You can access any reserves that your professor has set aside.

The Walter Schroeder Library is on the Campus Shuttle route.

Plus, you don't need to compete with public users for assistance or amenities.

Either way, you may find that a new location offers up new study possibilities and fewer distractions.

Happy learning!

• Re: Need a new place to study?
            Daniel Meiser

I always loved studying in the library. However, sometimes I needed a change of scenery and would study in one of Milwaukee's great coffee shops. My favorite was Alterra by the lake. Anyone have a great study or homework spot to share?